Saturday, February 3, 2007

The difficulty of intellectualism

It is very inspiring to read Frye, Hillman and Freud, but at the same time it is very frustrating. I am in awe of their genius and intellect, but couldn't they make their writing just a tad more digestible and enticing? I would like to be able to comprehend and discuss these writings on a deeper level, but quite frankly sometimes I just don't understand what the heck they are saying???? Freud appears to be a coke addict and ego maniac, in love with his own genius at times. Hillman and Frye, I don't even know what they are saying to take a jab at them. Let's hope my trusty winter companions can help decipher some of the mystery for me.

Also I am in the process of bribing some of my technology buddies to help me "pimp my blog." So stay tuned:)

2 comments:

Sue Aguilar said...

There's not enough cocaine in the world to make Freud make sense!

Sue

Melanie said...

"Pimping" your blog - I can hardly wait. I agree about the genius comments. I have found that in order to digest them, I have to take them in in very small portions.